Basic Tiling Skills
30th March 2019 | £84
Are you a woman who would like to feel more confident doing her own tiling projects around the house Then this is the workshop for you! In a relaxed and informal atmosphere – and in a small group of four like-minded women – I will guide you to do your own hands-on tiling.
During the afternoon you will learn:
- which tools and materials you need
- where to source them (at afforable prices)
- how to prepare a base for laying tiles
- how to tile (you will tile your own 1sqm patch)
- how to grout
- how to add a neat looking edge trim to your project
- how to drill into tile
- how to remove and replace a single broken tile
- we will also cover more aesthetic issues, such as where to source more unusual, stylish, contemporary or ethnic tiles (so you are not reliant on the limited stock of Topps Tiles or B&Q) and we will go around critiquing different tiling jobs at the workshop venue (a 3-bed Victorian house)
- we will talk about common mistakes and how to avoid them and of course there will be time to answer any questions you may have.
The workshop will start at 1pm and last until about 5.30pm. All tools will be provided. Please wear comfortable, loose clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
There will be tea and biscuits as well. ?
And I am fully insured for this workshop, you will be reassured to know.
Beginners' Electric Underfloor Heating 23rd June 2019 | £75 Have you been thinking that it would be nice having underfloor heating in your kitchen or bathroom? At this WOMEN'S DIY EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOP I will teach you how to do it yourself and save yourself hundreds...
Building a simple garden bench 11 & 15 July | £32This is a short Sunday afternoon (hopefully outdoor) workshop for the absolute DIY beginner. You will learn how to use a handsaw, how to make a straight cut, how to measure and plan your project, how to choose the...
Are you tired of calling a handyman everytime you need a little job done around the house? Are you fed up of waiting for your boyfriend to hang a shelf for you?
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make soap from scratch? Wait no longer!